APDT online communities are a member service provided for APDT members to share ideas, thoughts, and experiences pertaining to professional dog training and behavior. As the host of these communities, APDT is committed to creating a positive educational and beneficial experience for all. The posts and threads recorded in our communities are posted by individual APDT members and may not reflect the opinions or policies of the association. These communities do not exist to foster attacks against APDT or other members. Any attacks, personal criticisms, or threats are outside of the defined purpose for APDT’s online community and will not be tolerated.
- Stay on topic. Good contributions help the entire community by providing relevant, insightful information or asking important questions. If your post contains anything unrelated to the topic of the forum or article, it may be removed or redirected to the correct forum for further discussion.
- Make your subject line concise, accurate and specific. This makes it easier for people to respond appropriately and to search the archives by subject. Remember your readers and try to follow standard email etiquette.
- Be honest, be yourself. The community is intended to be used for the helpful exchange of information between members. False, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading information is not helpful. Please be sincere in your community participation by only contributing content you know is accurate. Be mindful to respect the "closed" environment of APDT’s online communities and do not forward messages to non-members.
- Keep it clean, keep it friendly. Every post should make a positive, relevant contribution. The community is open to all points of view on the intended topics; mature, respectful, polite debate is encouraged. Attacks or cyber-bullying will not be tolerated. The communities are meant to stimulate conversation and trigger the exchange of best practices, not to create contention. Contradictory opinions are of course welcomed, but should always be thoughtful and respectful, rather than emotional, impulsive or anger-driven.
- Keep marketing efforts separate. Respect the community's purpose by not using it as a marketing channel or submitting any content you've been paid or otherwise rewarded by a third party to write. Any marketing or sales related content will be removed immediately. Refrain from posting any sales or promotional offers, messaging, or materials for your business will not be tolerated. Educational events can be posted by members at https://apdt.com/m/educational-events/
- Use the correct channels for feedback. APDT online communities are not the appropriate platforms to resolve personal issues or start disputes against any member, volunteer, staff or organization. Posts of this nature will be redirected to the correct forum or, if necessary, removed. We ask that you submit comments or suggestions about APDT to the "Community Suggestions" community only, which will be monitored by staff. Comments to the board of trustees can be sent to email@example.com
Submit only your own, original content. Help us maintain the community's integrity and observe the intellectual property rights of others by only submitting content you have personally written or else used with permission and properly attributed. The community should not be used to distribute unauthorized copies of any copyrighted material.
- Help look after your community. There is a permanent record of your posts across all online community platforms. APDT’s online platforms are here for the benefit, education and enjoyment of members like you. If you notice content within the community that does not abide by the Code of Conduct guidelines, please report it to our Community Manager.
APDT reserves the right to take immediate action on any post that we feel violates the rules of conduct outlined above. That action includes, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, removing content and terminating community accounts and/or memberships.
APDT reserves the right to remove any content we deem inappropriate for use in the community, and/or to revoke any member's access to the community at any time and for any reason. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right to take no action. These will be thoroughly evaluated on a case-by-case basis before action is taken.
We may modify these guidelines or our Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the community signifies your assent to such modified terms. If you are victim of, or witness to inappropriate content in any of the APDT online communities’ discussion threads, resource libraries, or member profiles, please notify APDT immediately by emailing our Community Manager.
Thank you for your continued support of the APDT!